Sunday, April 6, 2008

Conference!

Wow, what an experience. I was amazed at almost all the talks. They were just incredible.

I was especially blown away with Priesthood session. All of you ladies out there should read the addresses from Priesthood in the Ensign. They are incredible. Lately I have been wondering about different aspects of the gospel and every question that I had in conference was answered in Priesthood. It was an incredibly edifying experience.

Also, during Priesthood session I had an incredibly strong feeling that President Monson is called of God. I know it is obvious, but the Spirit's sweet reassurance was still very welcomed.

Also, as you can tell, I have a lot of opinions, probably (almost definitely) all of them are not right. I love hearing from the Apostles and Prophet when they speak because they are great at bringing people back in that have different views. What I am saying is, I talk about these things a lot, but I readily recognize that sometimes I am simply wrong and I love that we have people who receive revelation from God that can bring us back into the right way.

I know those men are called by God. I know that God speaks to individuals when he speaks to the masses. I can't express how grateful I am for this.

1 comment:

Cindy said...

Amen...I felt exactly the same way. I really felt like I didn't want this Conference to be over. Maybe that sounds corny but it was like watching my first general conference as a convert to the church as a teenager. It seems like more recently I just really couldn't wait for that last session to be over or felt like it was dragging on. But this really was a special conference, at least for me.