Thursday, July 24, 2008

New Blog Layout and Picture

I was getting really tired of the nasty brown blog template I was using and decided to change things up. I took a picture of me leaning against a wall and used photoshop to make it look a little different. I am going to continue messing around with it. I am trying to figure out how to get the text on the empty side of the picture but haven't spent much time messing with it yet.

I am going to try and come up with my own template and learn how to really mess around with blogger. I really want to end up just having my blog on my webpage www.matthewduff.com but I haven't figured out how to make it sweet yet. When I figure out how to mess with webpages more I am going to move it all over to that site. It should be quite the undertaking.

I am still messing with the picture of me, in a couple of weeks I am going to have it a little more fancy looking.

What do you guys think?

3 comments:

Makayla Steiner said...

I would recommend making a "fake" blog to do your testing on. It isn't super difficult, but it takes some attention to detail (more than I have to offer, in fact) and so it's kind of easy to lose stuff if you aren't careful. And that would be a shame. But then again, you're far more tech savvy than I am, so maybe it won't be that big of a deal for you.

Carole said...

I like that pic of you sitting and pondering. Brings back good memories and makes me think about how much I miss you. But that's just me.

James said...

Honestly... I'm not crazy about the new colors. I like the picture, just not the colors. For example, the orange text on red in your title is very hard to read.

If you're looking for new color ideas, try some of the color palette websites. Some of them just let you see the colors next to each other, and others will actually generate complimentary colors from a base color.